Monday, 26 August 2013

Introduction

Hello.   I hope that everyone is as eager as I am to get back to work after our summer vacation.

Just to introduce myself... I have been teaching in Wolf Creek since 2004, beginning as a substitute at several area schools, and an exciting three years at West Country Outreach School in Rimbey.  That's where I met some wonderful people and learned a whole about alternative education.  Before that, I worked in Calgary doing chemical analysis of transformer oil, and also site assessment and remediation for oil well sites. 

This photo is me on the last day of vacation... You should know that I am normally MUCH more professional than this!



My husband and I are enjoying our first summer in our new home.  As you can see, we still have quite a lot of landscaping to be done, as our "patio" is a set of sidewalk blocks.   We have no children, but our two cats keep us entertained.  The fluffy one rolling in the dust is Princess Anastasia, and the fuzzy one chewing on my wrist is Mister Mistoffelees.  (Please don't ask... My husband named them).

During the winter I read (sci-fi), quilt, and knit. I also practice Taoist Tai Chi - meditation and exercise in one!

No comments:

Post a Comment