Mrs. Aalhus has ordered our sweatshirt kits, and they should be here tomorrow. Today is a work day:
- textbook questions from 1 1/2 weeks ago!
- pattern worksheets - 4 of them, on front table, all due today.
- You can work on your PJ's ONLY after the paper work is done.
QUIZ FRIDAY on pattern layout and markings. You should know:
- vocabulary such as
- selvage edge vs. cut edge
- right side vs. wrong side
- (warp and weft)
- grain line (and why it's important)
- how fabric is measured in Canada (yards or meters?)
- how to properly lay out pattern pieces and cut them
- how to choose which layout diagram you should use (4 things you'll need to know)
- the various fabric markings. See worksheet
- notches, darts, tailor tacks, etc.
- "grainline" vs. "place on fold"
- What info is on the instruction sheet?
- How to decide how much fabric you need to buy
sometime next week...
- Video on clothing fibers and associated worksheet
- if you missed something, the transcript of the video (a written copy of the spoken track) is at http://www.learningseed.com/_guides/1142_Clothing_Fibers_Guide.pdf